Time to take care of yourself with a beautiful day of mindful self compassion practice in nature at Gaia Wellness Centre https://www.facebook.com/gwrwakefield/
Are you a person who has an easier time taking care of others’ needs than your own? Do you have a strong inner critic? Do you have an intuitive sense that being kinder to yourself would serve you, but you are not sure where to begin?
After this daylong introductory retreat, you will walk away with some tools for befriending yourself and motivating yourself with kindness rather than punishment.
You’ll participate in experiential exercises, and simple meditation practices while receiving a taste of the empirically supported Mindful Self-Compassion practices. No meditation experience required. All are welcome!
Specific practices we will explore the daylong will address:
- Self-criticism: concrete alternatives we can use in our daily lives.
- Motivation: practicing compassion rather than criticism to keep our edge.
- Burnout: If you are a caregiver (clinician, therapist, parent, etc.), ways that you can use self-compassion to support you in your work.
- Resistance: alternative strategies.
- Creating delight: practicing ways to savor and embrace our lives.
This daylong Mindful Self Compassion practice retreat at the Gaia Wellness Centre (formerly Yoga Garden Retreat) in the beautiful surroundings of a private lake and the forests of Wakefield, Quebec, will strengthen core MSC practices for graduates of MSC courses, will introduce mindfulness practitioners to an experience of the MSC core meditations, and allow those with no mindfulness meditation or MSC experience an opportunity to gently experience the practices of mindful self compassion.
This retreat will take place on Sunday, May 27, 2018 from 9am to 4pm. Cost will be $140pp and includes a delicious catered vegetarian lunch. Professional CEUs and insurance coverage may be available.