Welcome to Gaia Wellness Plant-Based Cafe
At GWR we are a plant-based, lacto-ovo vegetarian facility that believes in fresh, whole foods that are locally sourced when possible. Beyond eating well for ourselves, our vegetarian facility supports animals and the environment. We are fortunate to live in an area with many local organic farmers and are proud that we grow our own organic veggies as well. We’re are happy to accommodate your dietary needs such as vegan, raw vegan, gluten-free, or nut free. Please let us know of any allergies ahead of time.
We actively support and participate in the culinary beliefs of vegan, organic, locally sourced, high quality produce that is then transformed into an inspiring, energizing, nourishing dining experience. In addition to our own organic garden, we benefit from access to local farms - Juniper Farm, Ferme et Forêt, Ferme Roots and Shoots
If you are interested in having your retreat catered, GWR would be happy to provide our very own vegetarian/vegan chef that we highly recommend. Our staff can assist with organizing the catering if you wish or you can bring in your own caterer. You will have exclusive use of our commercial kitchen.
Prices vary depending on the size of your group, please contact us for details.
"Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.”
- Hippocrates, The Father of Western Medicine
Meet Our Plant-Based Cook John Armstrong
As the creative mind behind this feature of Gaia Wellness, John Armstrong brings his experience in the world of hospitality (TRIO Bistro & Jak's Kitchen) as well as his passion for world cuisine, together to provide you with a memorable dining experience to complement your stay. A firm believer in the holistic experience of nourishing the body, his aim is to blend the senses of sight, smell, taste and texture in a way that complement your experience. The menus can be selected for you to reflect the aim of your activities at Gaia Wellness, or custom built to cater to the client's personal needs
"While doing so, make all possible effort to make your meals a delight for the senses. Enchant your guests"
- John Armstrong
Sample Dishes at Gaia Wellness Retreat
- Balsamic glazed onions, fig & cherry tomato tart
- Mushroom, walnut & pesto tart
- Dahl soup with lemon zest
- Leek and potato "vegançoise"
- Chilled melon soup with fresh tarragon
- Grilled Endive with aged balsamic reduction
- Green beans & toasted almonds with a lemon and soy reduction
- Chick pea salad wraps in Boston lettuce with red onion, carrot match sticks
- Kale and quinoa "falafels", cucumber & avocado in corn flour wraps with veganaise
- Herbes de Provence Quinoa with sautéed onions, kale and walnuts
- Oven roasted broccoli and cauliflower seasoned with Ras al Hanout
- Oven roast beets with fresh thyme and balsamic vinegar
- Ratatouille - yes, like the movie. Or more importantly, as per Thomas Keller, "The French Laundry", Napa Valley